**CANCELLED** COMPHURST HUNTER TRIALS
Very sadly the organisers of the Comphurst Hunter Trials have made the difficult decision to cancel the upcoming event, scheduled to take place on Sunday 13th October. This is due solely to wet conditions in the area allocated for vehicle parking on the day. Whilst the ground on the courses themselves remains perfect, the only field available for parking for the event is already on the soft side. The weather forecast is uncertain and with more rain likely it is looking increasingly difficult to move vehicles on and off the site safely, and without causing long term damage to the parking field. Entry fees will be refunded as per the published conditions. Comphurst cross country course remains open for schooling and the going on all courses is excellent.***
On Sunday 13th October 2019, starting at 09.00am
To be held at Comphurst Farm, Windmill Hill, Hailsham, Sussex, BN27 4RZ by kind permission of Mr and Mrs W Reid
Download the Hunter Trials Schedule and Entry Form here.
RULES AND CONDITIONS
- All competitors and owners of horses and ponies take part at their own risk.
- Neither the organisers or landowners take responsibility for any accident, loss, damage, injury or illness to horses, riders, spectators, cars or their contents and accessories or any other person or their property whatsoever or howsoever caused, including the negligence of the organisers or landowners.
- Hard hats and back protectors must be worn when mounted at all times. Hats and back protectors must conform to current safety standards. Hats must be worn with the safety harness correctly fastened. No fixed peaks allowed.
- Dogs must be kept on leads at all times
- The judges decision is final. The optimum time will be set according to the ground conditions on the day.
- The winner of all classes will be the competitor or pair who complete a clear round and is the nearest to the optimum time.
- Competitors will not be allowed to wear stop watches. The starting time of a pair is taken as the first rider leaves the start box. The finishing time of a pair is the time at which the last rider passes through the finish.
- The organisers reserve the right to amend the course or conditions of the class according to the ground conditions on the day
- In the event of abandonment or cancellation, £5 of each class fee will be retained by ESRM/ CXC.
Enquiries to: :Charlotte Marshall, Glebe House, Brightling, East Sussex, TN32 5HE, 07887520482